Thursday, June 30, 2011

Reality Check

Fact: I am learning SO many things about this life of mine as I am now married to such a good man.  I feel that I have much more of life's lessons headed my way, but what's different about them now is that I have that man who holds my heart, right beside me every step of the way.  That my friends, is fantastic.  Me being.. me,  I have quite a deal when it comes to change.  My mind hides reality in that little corner and decides randomly when it is time, little by little to accept the new.  This being said,  I know that it usually takes more than a year until it hits me, right square in the face.  EXAMPLE:  my best sister friend left for her mission.. had my first cry when she called to set up the 'oh wait I can't talk now but can tomorrow' call time... and then, when she came home it took myself months later to realize, oh hey by the way, you were without your best sister friend for 18 months and umm.. also, it was hard.  EXAMPLE OVER.  So now knowing what you know about little 'ol Mo,  It's taking me quite a bit of time to realize that yes, I am indeed married and so is my sister.  It gets increasingly frustrating, but when the time comes that I feel comfortable enough to come to terms, I'm on cloud nine.  What brought on this ramble you ask?  Well, every now and again I get glimpses of my life as it is now with my husband and it's like time freezes for a small moment.  I am able to breath deeply and feel how amazing it is to be married to such a beautiful man.  It just so happens that I was able to experience one of those wonderful moments this night and my oh my,  he is my greatest found treasure and I so much cherish him.  You know you're in love when you know every little mannerism and movement, when you can just stare for hours at all the features that make your heart melt, and every moment your not with the one you love, you feel a little uneasy and lost.  I am one lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. Monica, my dear. I always cry when reading your entries about how happy your life is and how blessed you are to have Philip :).

    ReplyDelete